|4MAT® Trainer Certification Path
Roll over the images to choose a 2-day or 3-day training program.
4MAT® Advanced Instructional Design
1.75-day live course
Dates & Location: On Request
Pre-Requisite: Maximize Learning Style Strength
Be THE Performance-Based Instructional Design Expert.
This 1.75-day course provides a no-fail template for consistently creating learning experiences that transform the learner and produce measurable results every time you train. You will learn how to easily apply the 4MAT 8-step instructional design training model, one of the most respected instructional design methods in the country, and use powerful time-saving steps to cut through the clutter and produce better learning results.
Equally important, 4MAT creates a common language a training team can use to increase collaboration and speed up the design process.
You will learn how to:
- Define the measurable results your course will deliver
- Zone in on the success behaviors that will deliver results
- Identify what the learner needs to know to be equipped for action
- Design activities that engage every learning style
- » what you will learn
- » course materials
You will learn how to:
- Build assessment of results into your design
- Choose activities that deliver the desired learning outcome
- Maximize your learning style strengths when designing instruction
- Use powerful right-brain retention strategies to enhance learning
- Create powerful openings that grab the learner and engage commitment
- Expand your instructional design strategies to engage all learning styles
- Design practice activities that "wire" the brain to implement key skills
- Engage and equip every learning style with what they need to be successful
- Effectively use interactive games, case studies, job aids and simulations
- Define performance-based, measurable outcomes that speed up the design process
- Develop whole-brain instruction using a simple 8-step instructional design blueprint
- Ask powerful questions before you begin course design to laser focus on the right results
- Gain learner commitment with implementation/action plans that "push out" in the real world
- Filter through your content to determine what is essential to include to generate results (and what can be left out)
|"4MAT is the most effective training design process I’ve ever used ... The 4MAT structure helps me design learning experiences that engage all kinds of learners in their comfort zones and stretch them into areas they might not otherwise go. My designs have definitely moved to the next level ..."
- Advanced Instructional Design participant guide
- Successful Meetings tool – use this to plan your next meeting
- 4MAT Training Design Kit – step-by-step job aid to create your designs
- 4MAT Hemispheric Mode Indicator® – discover your right- and left-brain bias
- 4MAT Learning Type Measure® training assessment – leverage your learning style strengths
- ASTD (American Society for Training and Development) Press bestseller, Hold On, You Lost Me, Use Learning Styles to Create Training that Sticks by Bernice McCarthy and Jeanine O'Neill-Blackwell